NC Choice Act

Veterans and dependents may qualify for in-state residency after initial classification of out-of-state by providing additional information through the Section 702 Veterans "Choice Act".

For a student to qualify under this act, student must be a service member or dependent of service member; must enroll in an Institution of Higher Learning within three years of discharge from a period of active duty service of 90 days or more. Student must also be eligble for and receiving the Montgomery GI Bill or Post 9/11 GI Bill.

Documentation Required


Spouse/Dependent of Veteran