Online Application for Graduation Tutorial
Please read through this tutorial for detailed, illustrated instructions on submitting your official application for graduation. Please keep in mind that applying to graduate is separate from participating in commencement. The application for graduation is an indicator of the term in which you will meet all requirements for graduation and be awarded your degree. It is not impacted by, nor does it impact your participation in commencement.
1. Log into AppalNet Self Service, located at https://appalnet.appstate.edu/
2. Once logged into AppalNet Self Service, select the Student tab:
3.Under the student tab, select Student Records:
4. Under Student Records, select Apply to Graduate:
5. Select your most recent term of enrollment. If you are currently enrolled, this would be the current academic term. This is NOT the term for which you are applying to graduate. You will select your graduation term in a future step.
6. Select the curriculum for which you are applying to graduate. If you are a double major or double degree student, you must submit separate applications for each curriculum you will be completing.
7. Select your term of graduation. This is the term in which you will have officially completed ALL requirements for graduation, including internships, student teaching, etc. This is not related to walking in commencement. So, for example, if you are taking summer classes to complete your degree requirements, then you would select Second Summer as your graduation term. If you will complete all requirements in Fall, then select the Term: Fall.
8. Next you will notify us whether you are planning to participate in commencement. Select the response that best fits your plans at this time. If you are uncertain, please select Undecided. This choice will not restrict you from attending commencement should your plans change.
9. Select how you would like your name printed on your diploma. From the drop-down menu, select a name for your diploma. On the next page you are able to edit the middle name and suffix only. If your Current Name is inaccurate and you wish to have it corrected, you will need to complete and submit the Statement of Identity Form found on the Registrar’s Office website. A copy of your Social Security Card will be required for verification of the name change.
10.Choose the address to which you would like your diploma mailed. Diplomas cannot be shipped to PO Boxes. Keep in mind that diplomas will not be mailed until approximately 12 weeks after graduation. Therefore, you must provide a diploma mailing address that reflects where you will be living at that time. If the addresses listed in the drop down menu are not suitable you may select New.
11. Add or confirm the address you would like your diploma mailed.
12. Review the information on the Graduation Application Review page to ensure all information is correct. Once you have confirmed all information is correct, hit Submit Request to complete the graduation application. If your application was successfully submitted, you should receive a message notifying you the application has been completed. **Please note any changes requested after submission must be completed by contacting the Records Office.
Undergraduate Records can be reached at email@example.com
Graduate Records can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org