Important Information about Faculty Grading
- Effective Fall 2019, the last date of attendance will be required when faculty are issuing a grade of ‘F’, ‘U’ or ‘I’ to any student. Please review the Last Date of Attendance policy for detailed information.
- It is critical that all grading for all classes be completed by 1:00 p.m. on the day grades are due. For Fall 2019, the deadline is Monday, December 16th for all end of term job processing.
- Direct Access to Web Self-Service / Banner or AppalNET for grading
- Faculty will be able to use the AppalNET online grade change request to submit incomplete and other grade changes. The Grade Change Request can be found under the Faculty Services tab in AppalNet/Web Self-Service. For more information, see the Faculty Grade Change Information page.
Instructions for Faculty Grading
- Access through the Web Self-Service (Banner) or AppalNET on the MyASU page
- Login using your Appalachian username and password
- Select the Faculty Services tab.
- Select the Final Grades link.
- Select the Term for grading and SUBMIT.
- Select the CRN (Course Reference Number) for the course from the drop down menu.
- The Final Grade Worksheet for the course will display.
- In the Grade column, click on the down arrow and select the appropriate grade for each student from the drop down menu, for those students who have completed all coursework and have a calculated grade.
- Faculty should assign a grade to all students on their grade roster and should not leave grades blank on the Final Grades page. Please assign a grade of F or U to any student who has not completed the coursework to attain a higher grade.
- Click on the SUBMIT button grades to post the official grades. Faculty Services will time out after 60 minutes of inactivity.
Other Grading Information
- Faculty will be able to post and update grade information on the Final Grade Worksheet for the current term until the close of the grading period. For Fall 2019, the grading system will be available continuously until Monday, December 16th at 1:00 p.m., when all final grades will roll to Academic History.
- A web interface was developed so that students can view their grades as grade posting occurs.
- The Registration Status column displays information about when a student registered or withdrew from a class.
- The Grade column displays the valid grade options for a student in a drop-down menu format. You can navigate using your mouse or the tab key to enter the specific grade for posting.
- For classes with more than 50 students, you may select the "Record Set" link on the top and bottom of the page to access the next Final Grade Worksheet for that class. Be sure to SUBMIT after entering each set of grades.
- It is not necessary to post ALL grades for a class at once. If a final grade is not available for a student, the faculty member may skip posting a grade for that student as long as a grade is submitted prior to the end of the Faculty Grading period.
- Grades must be rolled from the Final Grade Worksheet to Academic History to update the student's academic records. Once a grade is rolled to Academic History, the Roll column will display a "Y." The Grade drop down menu will no longer be available for posting. .
Incomplete Grade Submission
- Faculty should use the AppalNET online grade change request to submit incomplete grades. The Grade Change Request can be found under the Faculty Services tab in AppalNet/Web Self-Service. For more information, see the Faculty Grade Change Information page.
- Incomplete grades for the prior term are due no later than the end of the final grading period for the current term as noted on the official Academic Calendar. For example, incomplete grades for Spring and Summer terms are due by the last day to submit final grades in the following Fall term. Incomplete grades for Fall terms are due by the last day to submit final grades in the following Spring term.
- Contact the Records Area of the Registrar's Office (262-2051) concerning incomplete grade deadlines or extending the completion date of an incomplete.
Grade Changes for Previous Terms
- Faculty should use the AppalNET online grade change request to submit grade changes. The Grade Change Request can be found under the Faculty Services tab in AppalNet/Web Self-Service. For more information, see the Faculty Grade Change Information page.
If you have questions concerning grading, please call the Registration Center at 262-3135 or 262-8668.