Spring 2020 End of Semester Transcript Request Information:
Transcripts using Hold for Grades option will be released Friday, May 22, 2020.
Transcripts using Hold for Degree will be released Friday, June 5, 2020.
- All transcripts are ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Students must use a credit or debit card for payment.
- The Registrar's Office will only provide official transcripts to students which will include the student's entire academic record at the time it is issued. Official transcripts contain all course work, undergraduate and/or graduate, taken while enrolled at Appalachian.
- THE UNIVERSITY WILL NOT ISSUE A PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT.
Things to Know Before Ordering Transcripts:
- Electronic PDF Transcript – It is recommended that students confirm with recipients the acceptance of electronic PDF transcripts prior to ordering. The electronic transcript is only official when it is sent directly to the institution or other recipient. Electronic transcripts sent directly to the student may not be considered official. Students should confirm the policies with the receiving institution. Please Note: Electronic transcript processing is not available for students who attended prior to 1986.
- Payment Options are credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) through the National Student Clearinghouse secure site. Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your transcript has been sent.
- Attachments may be uploaded to both electronic and paper delivery orders. Examples include: LSAC, CASPA, ADEA, AMCAS, The Common Application, etc. Attachments should be no more than three (3) pages in length. Each attachment will be reviewed and approved by the Registrar's Office prior to the transcript being sent.
- Standard Delivery times:
- For electronic transcript requests, the delivery time will typically be within one hour of the request being processed unless additional processing time is needed as noted below.
- For transcripts requested to be sent via US Mail, these are usually mailed within 3 business days. Students should allow additional time for the transcript to reach the destination.
- For transcripts requested to be picked up, students may come by the Registrar's Office during normal business hours which are 8:00 am until 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. For pick up transcripts, a valid picture ID is required. Only the student listed on the transcript may pick up the transcript. If you wish to have a third party pick up your transcript, you must contact the Registrar's Office prior to the third party picking up the transcript for instructions. The person picking up the transcript on your behalf must present a valid photo ID.
NOTE: Additional processing time will occur when the student has a hold, there is a vault record (transcripts older than 1986), a data mismatch needing research, and/or during peak periods, such as at the end of term. An email notification will be sent when the transcript has been processed for delivery or is available for pick-up in Office of the Registrar, 109 John E Thomas Hall, Boone, NC.
- Special Processing Time: It is the student's responsibility to have read and become familiar with any information provided on the website and the ordering center site regarding adjusted timelines for transcript processing prior to ordering their transcript. Please Note: If you select a processing option of AFTER Grades are Posted or AFTER Degree is Awarded, your transcript request will be processed when ALL grades or ALL degrees for ALL students have been recorded (fall, spring and summer terms). It is recommended that each student check AFTER Grades are Posted or, if you are graduating, check AFTER Degree is Awarded at the end of a semester to ensure their academic transcript reflects grades, degrees and academic standing, as appropriate, before ordering a transcript.
- Order Updates will be sent to you via email and, if you choose the option when ordering, via text messages. You can also track your transcript order online.
- Signed Consent is required to place your order. It is recommended that students utilize the online paperless consent option presented when ordering to avoid processing delays. Currently enrolled students ordering through their AppalNet account will not be asked for a signed consent.
- Holds for Indebtedness to the University prevent transcript requests from being processed. It is the student's responsibility to take care of any holds that prevent their transcript from being released. Students will be notified that they have a hold and where they need to go to clear it.
For step by step instructions please review the video below: