Grade Changes

Faculty can now log in to make grade changes in AppalNET/Banner Self-Service rather than sending an e-mail to the Registrar's Office by following these steps:

  • Log into AppalNET/Banner Self-Service using your ASU username and password. In AppalNET, select the Self-Service tab.
  • Select the Faculty Services tab.
  • Select the "Grade Change Request" link.
  • Select the Term of the course from the drop down menu.
  • Select the CRN/Course from the drop down menu.
  • Scroll down to the student whose grade needs to be changed. If necessary, you may change the grade for more than one student on the roster.
  • Select the new grade from the "New Grade" drop down menu for the student.
  • Select the reason from "Grade Change Reason" drop down menu. Please note that a reason is required.
  • Under some circumstances, you will be prompted to enter an Extension Date.
  • Click "Submit" when you have made all of your changes.
  • Under the "Latest Request" column, you will see the requested change and the date and time of the request.
  • Exit AppalNET/Banner Self-Service.
  • You will receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your grade change with a summary of your requested change for each student.
  • For details and screenshots, please see the Faculty Grade Change Information document [PDF].

Notes about the Grade Change Request page

  • You may view the grade changes submitted on the Grade Change Request page or on the new Final Grade Summary View.
  • Incomplete grade changes done within a term are processed immediately by the system so you will see the change immediately on the Grade Change Request page or on the Final Grade Summary View.
  • Other grade changes are processed by our Records and Graduation Area and may take several days to be completed. Please check back later to view the completed/processed grade change on the Grade Change Request page or on the Final Grade Summary View.
  • Please do not reload/refresh your browser page when submitting grade changes as this will generate multiple e-mails.
  • The Grade Change Request page is available after grades have rolled for the term. If you have a grade change for the current term, you can make that change under the regular "Final Grades" link on the Faculty Services tab.
  • For a very small number of grade changes (e.g., Pass/Fail, Audit or grade changes prior to Fall 2007), you will not have the option to grade online. Please contact the Records Area of the Registrar's Office at 828-262-2051 or for information on submitting those grade changes.
  • If you are an advisor with students assigned to you, you can view your advisees' grades (both initial and final) for the term by using the Final Grade Summary View for Advisors under the Advisor Menu.
  • For deadlines for incomplete grade and grade change submissions or more information about faculty grading, please see the Faculty Grading page.