Guiding Principles of Classroom Scheduling
Focus efforts on classroom scheduling for the benefit of students’ access.
- Spread class schedules throughout the day/week to reduce time conflicts for students.
- Adhere to standard meeting patterns.
Monitor classroom seat and lab space utilization.
- Keep classroom seat utilization above 65%.
- Maintain lab space utilization above 75%.
- View departmental utilization percentages by course and in the aggregate at AppAnalytics, analytics.appstate.edu/space_management.
Adhere to seat capacity limits.
- Determined by App State’s Environmental Health, Safety and Emergency Management Team, seat capacities must be honored.
Reserve Event Space in Series25 for classroom availability for students outside of regular class time.
- Reserve classrooms for maker spaces, study time for lab practical exams, practice sessions, rehearsals, assignment preparation, and co-curricular involvement.
- Use the Event Reservation portion of 25Live and select the Event Type, Academic Support.
Submit change requests before making any alterations to classroom spaces or partitions.
- Proper vetting and accurate record-keeping of classroom attributes and room use codes is essential.
- Requests must be made to the Space Subcommittee through the Partition Change Request and the Room Attribute and Use Code Change forms.
Follow the Schedule Build Calendar and the due dates.